Activities in Kent and Sussex
With so much to see and do, it's hard to choose! The team has come up with some of our Bramley and Teal favourites and recommends ...
National Trust Properties
Step back in time and explore the many beautiful historic houses, castles and gardens the National Trust has to offer including; Leeds Castle, Bodiam Castle, Batemans, Sissinghurst Castle and Garden, Petworth House, Chartwell and Scotney Castle. Visit the National Trust website for special events
Other historical sites
There are many interesting and historical sites to visit including; Lullingstone Castle & Lullingstone Roman Villa, Down House, Home of Charles Darwin in Sevenoaks and the amazing Hever Castle. Visit the English Heritage website to check visiting times and information.
- Port Lympe at Hythe, get close and personal with some of the amazing animals
- Howletts at Canterbury, a great day out for all of the family
- Drusillas Zoo Park, Alfriston, one of the best small zoos in the country with lots of activities to enjoy
- Wildlife Heritage Foundation, enjoy a close encounter at a UK based charity dedicated to protecting the big cat species of the world from extinction.
- Rare Breeds Centre, Woodchurch, Ashford is particularly fun for younger children with a great mix of farm animals in a 100 acre site
Great days out
- Bedgebury Pinetum, great for outdoor activities, Bedgebury provide exciting children's play areas with Go Ape, mountain biking for all levels of ability and the tranquillity and beauty of the Pinetum and the spectacular countryside.
- Bewl Water Reservoir, 13 mile perimeter lake in a stunning setting at Lamberhurst in Kent. Stacks of activities for kids and adults alike from sailing and fishing to cycling and rambling.
- Rye and Rye Bay nature reserve, a haven for wild birds of all types and a great walking area right beside-the-sea.
- Rochester – Dickens World, brings Dickens' World, his works and colourful characters to life.
- Chatham - Historic Dockyard. The Historic Dockyard, Chatham is a stunning 80 acre site with historic buildings, museum galleries, historic warships and a vibrant programme of events and activities.
- ‘Cruise and Dine’ enjoy a boating trip to Bodiam Castle and combine it with a great meal at The White Hart Pub, Bodiam
Kent and Sussex Railway
Kent and Sussex railway, runs through scenic countryside over 10.5 miles from Bodiam Castle to Tenterden
- De La Warr Pavillion, Bexhill, an icon for contemporary arts on the seafront in Bexhill on Sea. It features a great mix of exhibitions live music and educational activities
- Jerwood Gallery, Hastings, next to the historic fishing beach in Hastings’ Old Town, this award winning gallery houses the Jerwood Collection of 20th and 21st century British art and a offers a diverse temporary exhibition programme.
- Turner Contemporary Margate, creating a space to celebrate Turner’s association with Margate and also inspire with an innovative exhibition, events and arts programme.
Towns/Villages to visit
Ashford Designer outlets, McArthur Glen outlet offering great discounts on designer fashions and everyday items.
St Mary’s Bay
Kitesurfing Camber Sands
Dog Walking Camber Sands
Dogs are allowed between May and September but must be on a lead and restricted between Zones F & H on the beach.
Up to date information