Houses we'd like to stay in...
Food is always an important part of any holiday and is one of the most enjoyable ways to delve into local produce whilst on holiday. Visiting farmers markets, experiencing new restaurants, cafes and pubs and even touring local vineyards allows you to fully appreciate the finest foods and wines of an area. Here are a few of our favourites for you to try ...
Bramley and Teal recommend ......
A welcome basket is provided for all holiday cottages, however arranging for a direct delivery from a supermarket to your holiday cottage makes life even simpler. Just ask us for details of the postcode for your holiday cottage to find out your nearest supermarket.
If you have a special occasion or event you would like to cater for, just give us a call and we would be delighted to help.
Kent and Sussex Dining experiences
- The Gallavant Hotel, Camber Sands
- The Pilot at Dungeness for great Fish and Chips
- The Great House at Hawkshurst great food and atmosphere, including afternoon tea.
- The Bell at Ticehurst
- Three Chimneys at Biddenden
- Mermaid Inn, Rye
- The Ship Delicatessen and Bistro, Winchelsea Beach
- The Green Owl, located behind the sand dunes and serves excellent food
We love the Winchelsea Farm Kitchen in with the best homemade cakes and quiches around! There's a lovely delicatessen and butchers too.
Webbes Fish Café, as well as offering great food fresh from the days catch, a variety of cooking courses are offered to improve your cooking skills
Farmers Markets and Stores
- Rye Deli, a great delicatessen shop selling tasty and top quality foods as well as a handy catering option. A great place to find a special occasion cake!
- Salts farm shop on the A259 east of Rye at East Guldeford. The result of a family idea to create a shop packed with locally sourced farm fresh produce.
Rye Farmers’ Market. Every Wednesday, Strand Quay. Local producers raise, grow, catch, bake and make their own goods in or near Rye.
Checkout these websites for other great places to search for and buy fresh, local produce.
Kent Farmers Markets www.kfma.org.uk